View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #250
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That is irrelevant.... point is he would not remain silent nor accept it if someone claimed to be his successor of any sort..... and no one demands that we only read Witness Lee's books... that is a farce.
I had an interesting experience with this in the church in Houston many years ago. I was buying a book in the book room by Watchman Nee and the brother behind the counter recommended that I would be better served with a book by Witness Lee. I told him I had tried one and hadn't gotten anything from it.

That was a big mistake and I was so new in the LC I had no idea I had said something wrong. The ramifications included being called into a meeting with the elders of the church in Houston and being told I had 2 strikes against me and was on the verge of being excommunicated. This was right after the whole Max episode and several other saints from Houston had already been excommunicated.

But on the other hand you are right, no one "openly" demanded that I only read WL books. It was up to me to figure out what the "two strikes" were that they were talking about.

Likewise we were strongly encouraged to use footnotes and WL quotes from his books in our testimonies. No one "demanded" this but "strongly encouraged" is an accurate and fair description.