View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #237
aron

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Thanks for the flippant and substance-free response, which affirms that I'm probably on to something...
Actually Drake's post may have had substance: perhaps my writings show a combative spirit. Something worth pointing out, and that I should take as from the Lord.

But at the same time, why don't we say that Witness Lee putting his admittedly nonspiritual sons in positions where they could (and did) repeatedly stumble church members showed us something of his inner state, his attitude or "heart" (the typical LC metric to assess others' motives - "his heart was dark"); and when current LSM President Benson Philips was railroading the Rapoports or the Andersons or other scapegoats, it showed us something of his motives, and so forth?

Why is it that the Ascended Master's actions, or those of his lackeys, always get put into some judgment-free zone, while everyone else gets castigated for their admittedly poor motives? Again, the parable in Matthew 18 of the servant harshly judging others while begging his own indulgence comes to mind.