View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 05:03 PM   #122
byHismercy

Default Re: Now's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Ohio,

That is how Dr. Tomes characterized what Brother Lee taught. He conveniently dismisses Brother Lee's qualifying statements such as :

"..the flesh is fully possessed, taken over, by Satan as sin.

"Satan as sin is in our flesh."

"As" has meaning.

preposition: as
1. used to refer to the function or character that someone or something has.
"he got a job as a cook"
synonyms: like, in the guise of, so as to appear to be
"he was dressed as a policeman"
in the role of, being, acting as
"I'm speaking to you as your friend"

It is easier for Dr. Tomes to craft an argument and gain support from dissenters by polarizing the points Brother Lee made rather than to deal with the intended meaning as Brother Lee delivered them. He just repeats old rhetoric to rally the base. And though it works for the base, it's shoddy workmanship nevertheless.

Yet, you have yet to offer your own explanation about what sin is and how it looks for opportunity to deceive you and slay you. If you do not agree that sin is the virtual personification of Satan then what is sin? Who is the deceiver? Who roams the earth seeking whom he may devour? It is Satan. Sin deceives and slays. Satan deceives and slays. Is sin the actual fallen archangel? No. Is sin the virtual personification of the fallen archangel. Yes! What is the character of our fallen nature since the moment sin entered through disobedience? It is serpentine.

Scriptures are clear. Brother Lee was clear. It is Dr. Tomes and his followers who polarize Brother Lee's teaching.

Drake
Drake, what is the"virtual personification" of Satan??? I cannot even wrap my brain around what you brothers mean!! Sin is a thing....Satan is a fallen angel....I propose there is actually no such entity as a "virtual personification" of a person. I mean, there are unclean spirits, demons, Satan himself, yes. But a virtual personification???

1John 4:3
This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Here, the Lord says twice that this spirit is in the world. I know earlier you mentioned you believe Satan would enter the antichrist.

Brother, how can you justify altering Gods' word?!
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote