View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #628
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
Are you implying that to continue your walk with the Lord that you must involve the ministry of Witness Lee?
Not at all. Based on my own experience of walking with the Lord I know that a believer's walk is by the leading of the Spirit in our spirit. My point was simply that you can "...chuck..." out whatever books you like... Your chucking them out doesn't prove that they contain nothing regarding the truth that is revealed in scripture. All it says is that you're making a choice to try and find much of what is said in LSM resources... In other non-LSM resources.

Quote:
I fully believe I can read the Bible, and the Bible ALONE and be constituted.
To a point, I know from my own experience that this is true. But... There is also the fellowship of the body to be considered. No believer is called to be a believer unto themselves. And a part of this fellowship is related to the gifts that are given to various members of the body in and through a measure of grace that these ones have received from God to carry out the purpose of their given gifts... A measure of grace that you might not have received from God.

Quote:
Many believe this.
Again... I know... It was even my own experience for a time. But what we believe is not always according to the Lord's reality. And this we can know because scripture tells us that we know in part.

Quote:
We don't need WL's ministry.
Well... Only if God has willed it as such. Obviously Balam didn't think he needed his donkey to speak to him... But God had a different view. Over the years I've learned to be very careful regarding what I think I know I need.

Quote:
If parts of it help you, fine.
Many parts have, and do. And, although you may deny it, I would tend to think that many parts have also helped you.

Quote:
But there's no denying the accusations against him might make you carefully examine what you're reading from him.
I've been reading about Witness Lee, the Living Stream Ministry, and the Local Church from I first came in contact with all three... A part of my professional requirement is research, and I'm very good at it... One of the reasons being that I am, and have always been, very detailed oriented. It's one of the things people have a love/hate relationship with me for... I have always been able to spot what others miss. Which often makes me very hard to deal with on forums like this.

Quote:
I'm not here to judge whether or not he did or didn't contribute. But, no one is without sin- Abraham, Moses, David, even Paul.
That is a good start. But when you use phrases like "...chucking out..." you tend to certainly sound judgemental. There is an old saying... The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Quote:
Witness Lee fell short in some areas, as we all have.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that he did... Like we all do. And one doesn't need to know a thing about Witness Lee to know this... As scripture is clear that it is foolish to think any natural human can be trusted. When I came in contact with his ministry I never once thought to think Witness Lee or his minstry with infallible.

Shoot... I don't even think the scripture that I read is infallible. And I'm certainly not alone (which is why there are so many versions of it). This is why I have dozens of resources (beyond WL's ministry) that I use to consider scripture before the Lord. Scripture tells us that the Lord is building His church, and that He is doing this in and through His growth in life in all believers... And our fellowship with one another in love. That's about as clear as the matter gets. I wonder as you read the comments on this website if you can say without question that this way of the Lord's building is being expressed?

Quote:
His ministry is not the word of God, the Bible is.
I've never though of WL's ministry as scripture... I've only though of it as a resource that can help open up scripture... Much like any other resource that the Lord gives us and uses to do so. But I wonder...Can you tell me which version of scripture do you think is God's word... Seeing that there are so many different versions available?

Quote:
If he helps some believers, great! But so do many other people.
No doubt on both matters. And this is even clear in WL's ministry... Just a week or so ago I was reading a ministry footnote to scripture and only realized it wasn't actually from the ministry but was all Darby if I remember correctly. So even in WL's ministry we can see that other people can help believers.

Quote:
Did he contribute? Maybe... But to hang your Christian walk on a man is wrong.
In my experience... His ministry is certainly a help. But I absolutely do not hang my hat on the man, or even His ministry. I try my best to hang my hat — abide in — Jesus Christ. He, not Witness Lee, or any other man, is my Lord and Savior.

Quote:
Jesus is the way, not WL.
Absolutely.

Quote:
If he contributed, that's great. But reading his ministry is not NEEDED for Christians to 1) have a relationship with Jesus 2) allow HIS leading 3) fellowship with other Christians and preach the gospel.
I never said or suggested it was/is in any of matters... 1, 2, or 3... But you "...chucking out..." his ministry isn't either. But on the matter of "...If he contributed..." I know from my own experience that his ministry has... And I fully believe that if you're honest... You will admit that, in one way or another, and to one degree or another, it's the same for you.

And if so... Knowing inwardly that you did gain something — even a little something — from his ministry... To use the phrase "...If he contributed..." would be a bit dishonest. Maybe you had expectations that were not met. Over the years I learned to try and not have expectations. Slaves shouldn't have expectations... As we do not belong to ourselves.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote