View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 05:59 AM   #2680
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Republicans on a House panel voted to release a secret memo said to accuse the F.B.I. of misusing its authority in the Russia inquiry. They're circling the wagons by attacking the F.B.I. in a desperate move to save Trump. Looks like the train wreck that is Trump is about to hit the wall.
Yes, but they definitely expect him to take as many other crooks down with him. I am still fuming about the whole "too big to jail" attitude of our corrupt politicians.

Just so you know how anathema the whole situation was, the only bank that was prosecuted during the whole mortgage crisis was a tiny bank in Flushing, NY called Abacus. It was a family owned bank based very much on the model in "A wonderful life". He was helping poor immigrants uncomfortable with American banking to get a house, credit, etc.

Defending himself against the DA cost him $10 million. In the end the jury found him not guilty of a single charge (and there were thousands) and this was at a time when the American people wanted some bank, any bank, to pay.

One of the things in this banks favor was that they had one of the absolutely lowest default rates on mortgages in the country. It was an example of "don't let a good crisis go to waste". These corrupt bankers saw this as an opportunity to put banks like this out of business.