View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Ohio

Default Re: 1000 Years being Disciplined

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah6v8 View Post
According to the teachings of the Lord’s Recovery,
• “half-hearted” Christians will be disciplined for 1000 years, while the “over-comers” will reign for 1000 years.
• After that, they both will be with the Lord forever and eternally.

Conceptually, “eternally” means forever. It means more than even 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000++ years.
In the grand scheme of things, the “half-hearted” Christians don’t miss out on much. Sure, they miss out on 1000 years. But what is 1000 years compared to zillions of years?

One motivation for the saints in the Lord’s Recovery to live a Christian life is that a 70-year human life-span is incomparable to a 1000 years since 1000 years is more than 100 times greater than 70 years. However, given that a zillion years is billion times greater than 1000 years, isn’t a 1000 years a small price to pay for being a half-hearted Christian?

Let me draw an analogy. $1000 is more than $70. One would be better off having $1000 than having $70. But if you and I knew that we were going to be trillionaires, I really would not care much about having a thousand dollars less than you.

It is my opinion that the Lord’s Recovery teaching is flawed since it leads to such an absurd result. I submit that the other Christian teachers are right: “if you are a half-hearted Christian, you do not spend a thousand years being disciplined before returning to be with the Lord; you simply are deemed a false believer and get condemned to hell”. (Matt 7:21-23)
Since there is basically no time in eternity -- no yesterday and no tomorrow -- I considered 1,000 years much longer than eternity, especially if we are sitting around doing nothing to "pass the time."

But, otoh, just today my wife commented that we were the only Christians who ever talked about this millennium.