View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #540
OBW

Default Re: My Local Church Experience - And My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Igzy did not just say they appreciated a song. They said that Bono is a true Christian when he is in fact a gay rights supporter as evidenced by his many interviews and videos. The fact that you are defending Igzy's views means you also share a part.
And by definition a gay-rights defender cannot be a true Christian?

I don't want to get into the theological issues surrounding gays in general. I believe the very conservative position myself. But I am humble enough to decide that, in this world, sinners are sinners doing all kinds of both immoral and sometimes moral things. And we are all sinners, even when saved. So I would expect that there will be some who might have issues coming to what I think is the correct stance on the issue. But salvation is based on belief in Christ, not the absolute cessation of sin and the agreement with everybody else what that is.

The commandment on me is to love God and love others. If there is judgment to come, it is God's job. If I were asked about it, I would counsel that it appears to be considered outside of God's norms. Will it disqualify you? Not my call. But for a true follower, seeking to be more and more like Christ, and to be more and more in line with his righteousness would seem to be a goal. I think that includes "sexual preference."

But punishment in this age for it is not mine to mete out.

When it comes to loving others, who is more loving, the one who does, or the one who does not, shout curses at those we think are sinners?

So no matter what you think of Bono's position with God, he exemplifies and bears the image that God would have us bear more nearly than many that I know are Christians. Yet you dismiss him over a position on something? So salvation is by grace, through faith, by those who agree on the homosexual issue with your position?

First its dirt. Now homosexuality. What about those who allow sexual predators to lead religious institutions?
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote