View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #519
awareness

Default Re: My Local Church Experience - And My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Every normal reader would know from his posts, that Igzy has never promoted homosexuality.

But you seem to be obsessed with it. It has never been a point of discussion on this forum, but you, however, take every opportunity to introduce the topic. Why is that? Why do you constantly change the subject and introduce homosexuality, as if this forum needs it.

Perhaps this is an issue that constantly plagues you personally. I have heard this about others who struggle with homosexuality. Most of the posters on this forum, however, are in normal long-time man-woman marriages.
Okay, I'll chime in here, with my measly two cents.

While in the local church I was getting together with another brother to study Jessie Penn-Lewis on the cross. I didn't know it at the time but we were studying the cross for two different reasons. I was studying it to learn more, but he was studying it hoping that it would deal with his homosexuality. At the time I had no clue that he was gay. He was married with 3 children.

About 6 months after I left the local church he came out and admitted to his wife, parents, kids, and the local church, that he was gay.

By that time it was to late for me. I had come to love the brother and remained friends with him for years. His sexuality wasn't my business. But I made it my business. Being heterosexual, I didn't understand homosexulity. So I spent years digging into his brain trying to figure out what made him gay.

In the process I learned a lot. I even learned that the guy he had his first sexual experience with was in the local church and was an elder on the west coast (sneaking out to pull tricks with boys -- that blew my mind).

In short "John" revealed that it wasn't a choice he made. He was certain that he was born that way. Well I'm pretty liberal but I thought, how can that be? The Bible says that homosexuals will be judged by God. So to me God couldn't make some homosexuals.

Years later John's lover died from aids. So John became asexual, and contacted me to go back to Jesus and the local church. I hooked him up and he attended a meeting but was rejected by the elders who knew him. (Funny how Christians reject homosexuals but don't reject whisperers (gossipers) that Paul lists along with homo's.)

So now I'm not sure if God makes some gay or not. Does God make those born with ambiguous genitalia, or both sex organs? They certainly don't chose to be both. Paul doesn't mention hermaphrodites. He prolly didn't know about it. But if God makes them He certainly can't judge them.

In the end it is God that judges. In Matthew 21:31 Jesus tells the chief priest and elders, ""Truly I say to you that the tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the kingdom of God before you." That had to be a shocker, and against all that the chief priest knew about the Torah.

And for all we know that may be the case for homosexuals. God didn't seem to hold it against king David for getting naked with Jonathan, kissing him, and loving him more than women.

In Romans Paul asks : "For who hath known the mind of the Lord?"

So I say, be careful judging homosexuals. Cuz you may be judging someone that God doesn't judge.