View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #87
Ohio

Default Re: Arthur M. Casci Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Oh, sorry, one more point. The remedy for it all is Jesus. Look at the hymn (#1237) Splendid Church Life. Who's the subject? The "I" of the "I'm so happy in this lovely place" is the naïve young Christian snookered in by Lee & Co. But the "I" of the Bible is Jesus. Witness Lee sold us the "NT believer enjoying grace" but the subject of the Bible is Jesus. Accept no substitute. Or the "grace" you "enjoy" might be dust.
The entire body of Christ should give thanks for the "Jesus People" move of the Spirit of God during the unrest of the civil rights Viet Nam Era. It is worthy to note that the media tagged it the "Jesus People" movement with pics of young people being baptized in lakes and rivers.

Our Heavenly Father really shook things up, that His chosen ones could believe in His Son, and more importantly, that new wine could seek out fresh wine skins. He basically ended the grip of archaic denominations, just as Jesus ended the stronghold of Judaism 2 millennia ago. Totally new church settings popped up in their place with new found liberties for these new creations. Free groups, home meetings, community churches, even mega-churches. Options were endless. But so were the risks. It was a risk that the Spirit of God deemed necessary.

During those early days of blessing in the LC's, Lee mostly worked with the Holy Spirit to minister new wine. He was not alone. Many gifted ones were also given to the body of Christ. Charismatics, Baptists, Pentecostals, etc. all had fresh beginnings. There was even a Catholic priest preaching the gospel at my Ohio State University Newman Center ... imagine that!

In the LC, Witness Lee soon went back to his old ways. He felt the LC's needed his exclusive ministry and only his ideas. Slowly, apparently dating back to mainland China, he became obsessed with megalomanic illusions of importance and superiority. He soon introduced all sorts of fleshly means to build his empire. Had he stuck to his original mission objectives during those times of blessing, many children of God would not have suffered.