View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #387
Awoken

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Hey Toronto Guest, thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto
Most of the elders were also ignorant college age kids with no biblical background and all their biblical knowledge comes from Lee
That's probably a good reason to pity them. I believe the guy who baptized me is actually a genuine believer in Christ and I'm sad he's in the LCs. I hope and sometimes pray for him that one day the Spirit will break through and call him out. I always felt I wanted to develop a friendship with him and the teachings of W. Lee stopped that. In Lee's system, you don't need friends, and you shouldn't form "worldly" connections. Sometimes maybe believers have the "innocent as doves" bit down without having developed much of being "wise as serpents". That is part of the deception of Lee's system; it not only discourages but actively punishes discernment and truth-seeking.

In Revelation you see there are overcomers in all the churches. In the NKJV version of the Bible some of those churches are titled "The Loveless Church", "The Compromising Church", "The Corrupt Church", "The Dead Church", "The Lukewarm Church".
Awoken is offline   Reply With Quote