View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #76
Evangelical

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
Embarrassment? Do you feel embarrassment when you say things that make sense? I do not, and the false care in your snide remark betrays an insecurity that must be growing within you as you read more here...

Once again, you don't understand how the internet works. I admitted that someone might start with the general search terms that you quoted from UntoHim. But those are just a start, as I said before. Not everyone searches like you do, thankfully. Websites have links to related topics. You don't have to go back to Google and click next (which would just give you more related to your initial search, and the further you go by clicking next the more tenuous the relation is...though I suspect you know this). Links open up worlds that initial/broad Google searches never show.

Your response is a perfect example of the type of deception practiced the the LC and CoC.

Be a little creative in your search. You might actually find things. You don't seem to be too internet savvy, and I'd argue even if people had never heard of Witness Lee or the LC or CoC, negative information is not hard to find.

Your naive reply reminds me of why people (usually older though not always) get caught doing things online. They don't understand how connected things are, how nothing is ever more than a few clicks away. And they can't imagine how anyone would be able to find them.
FYI I was not trying to find specific and more detailed things, I was only inputting the search terms that UntoHim suggested and seeing what resulted.
Basically you have explained that if you add more search terms to Google (such as the word "controversy") you get more specific results. This is obvious and not exactly a ground-breaking discovery.

I disagree that it is easy to find negative information. Even if I type in more specific terms such as Local Church Cult, I get hits to some websites such as "Why do some people accuse you of being a cult?" on localchurchesfaq.org. Clearly the articles which are positive and refute the negativity are in the top of the Google searches (so maybe their algorithms work afterall).

Your failure to realize this which you could have if you read the post below mine (to which I was replying to) shows you lack the ability to comprehend what you are reading and synthesize, which is typical of the younger generation.

By the way the use of the "next" button is a valid way to use Google (why do they provide a next button?) - sometimes what you want is not in the first page but in the second or third - the younger generation lacks the patient to be able to trawl through a lot of data - they rarely read to the end of the page and end up twittering their friends instead for the solution.

I demonstrated that if someone used the search terms that UntoHim suggested, they would not find this website which might "save" them from the "LC cult". Apparently Google is not smart enough to know that. Or maybe it is? Maybe Google's complex algorithm with 200 variables knows that the LC is not a cult.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote