View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #235
OBW

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
The difference between you and I is that I use Bible verses to support God's economy. It takes only a few minutes to read and understand what God's economy is all about. You say God's plan is more than just salvation but I doubt you know what God's plan actually is. What more is there besides salvation? What more should do you think Christ should have done than die on the cross?
You make all these references to using Bible verses, but the little that you actually do, it doesn't support your contentions.

And here you dismiss what you think I would call God's plan without hearing it or providing a single bit of evidence that yours (also unstated) is actually God's plan. (And not a single verse. Just your own statements.)

It may be that the plan from the beginning was the cross. But it is evident that there was a plan that did not require salvation as long as we stuck to the "rules" first laid down, few that they were. Of course, it is centuries too late for us

And you can only say that God's plan is simply salvation if you grow the reach of salvation to include everything about the original purpose of man prior to the fall. At that point, it looks less like salvation, but an overlay that actually includes what would correctly include the thing defined as salvation.

And with this we see how the constant redefinition of terms is used to differentiate the LCM from any other group. Take any term, cause it to mean significantly more or significantly less than was previously understood from the term, and shake your finger at everyone that does not use or agree with your definition.

All this from the folks how clamor the most about unity.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote