View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #44
Freedom

Default Re: The Sin of Noah?

Quote:
It is easy for anyone to be humble, admit the failure, and confess it. But if Noah had been like that, what would have become of God’s government on this earth? What about his descendants? What about God’s economy, God’s administration? It would have been all right for Noah to make such a confession, but it would have meant the ruin of God’s government on earth.

Witness Lee, Life-Study of Genesis, Message 33, pg. 443
I came across this quote. It really says a lot about some of Lee’s attitudes on authority. For him confession/repentance equaled ruining God’s authority, which he obviously felt had been vested to him. There is just so much wrong with that kind of mindset. It is dangerous. It allows for a leader to be justified in anything they do, right or wrong. I feel sorry for those bound to this teaching. They will be abused by it sooner or later.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote