View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #53
OBW

Default Re: The Unique Move of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Would you agree with an idea that God is moving in a unique way, but we just have different opinions about what God's unique move looks like? I think we all could share our subjective positive experiences in how God is moving in our lives and the lives of others.
I can't agree with that. God is moving. Period. Saying "God's unique move" suggests that there is a "God's run-of-the-mill move."

Or a faux move of God.

Your claim is that if it is grand (in your eyes) then it is God's move. And if it is not, then it is not God's move. But you don't bother to actually assess anything that could be part of God's move. You just say that yours is "God's unique" move and therefore all others are either run-of-the-mill, or shams.

But the real problem is that you think that God only works in a single "way" in outward terms. He has missionaries, then he doesn't. He moves through the RCC, then the Lutherans but no longer the RCC. Then the Calvinists but no longer the Lutherans. And so on.

But that is not a view supported by the scripture. God moves in the ways that he moves. They are designed to reach people from the slums to the penthouse. From the G8 to the poorest of the third world. From the most educated to the illiterate.

Christians on Campus and door knocking (which is probably no longer part of "God's unique move" are not all that God is doing. He is still working in soup kitchens, missionaries, people on the job following the internal leading of the Spirit, and so on.

So the only way that "The Unique Move of God" can be a valid construct is for it to mean "all that God is doing" in his multifarious ways.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote