View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 04:20 PM   #22
Ohio

Default Re: Soul-Life, Kundalini, and Watchman Nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
Ohio, I have to say the way you phrased that statement makes it sound very LCesque and a bit too ambiguous. Sort of like saying "get out of your mind" or "lay down your soul-life". I don't think we should be freed from the thought of perfection as a reality to strive toward but we need to have a realistic view of what it means in our walk with Christ.

"Therefore be ye perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect."

The issue I see is that in the LC's people trusted in another man's idea of perfection. When that eventually snowballs into an oppression it taints these biblical ideals.

But if you mean that just because someone is flawed doesn't mean God can't work through them, you'd be right. But at the same time, just because there's a massive move in the spiritual with all kinds of signs and wonders, especially with one man at the center of it all, doesn't mean any of it is from God either.
OK. Agreed. Perhaps I can clarify.

There has always been two definitions of "perfection." At least for me. One is Biblical, meaning matured, full-grown, becoming fit, reaching completion. The second is sinless, flawless, error free, without mistakes, completely free from the flesh, from the old man, etc.

The second definition can only be applied to Jesus Christ. Never to us. Yet it becomes the standard of comparison by which we Christians are unfairly judged.

In the Recovery during my 30 years, Witness Lee transitioned from definition #1 to #2 at least in the eyes of the Blendeds. Titus Chu famously said that the Blendeds viewed WL as god, while he viewed WL as man. There was no doubt some truth to that. Every healthy New Testament minister needs peers, needs balance, needs feedback. God designed it this way. He would only allow his Son to be perfect. Sounds obvious, yet Nee and Lee operated alone on top, as if they were. Officially they declined such an honor, but the facts are the facts, and proof that power does indeed corrupt.