View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #25
aron

Default Re: Ron Kangas Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
OK. I never saw that show.
Star wars is a story where the evil trade federation gobbled up the universe and enslaved it, making commodities of everyone and everything. Then the rebels (the Jedi) fought them and so on . . . the narrative story line.

Then one day, I heard that the owner of the Star Wars franchise, George Lucas, sold it to Walt Disney (who owned ABC, ESPN, Marvel, theme parks &c) for $500 million.

And I went, "Oh. The Trade Federation won the war." The irony was that the story was about how bad the TF was, and the TF put out the story, marketed it, sold it, and made a handsome buck. It shows that you can make a living selling anything if you put the right wrapper on it. You can write a book - "Hey!! I just ripped you off!!!" and if it has a funny color and you yell and wave, someone will buy it. Maybe a lot of people, who knows? I mean, hey, 15 million Mormons can't be wrong, can they? Gotta be something there.