View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #20
Ohio

Default Re: Soul-Life, Kundalini, and Watchman Nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
I don't know too much about the Welsh Revival and obviously wasn't there so I can't discern the fruit for myself. Like you, I'm cautious about books outside of scripture, but I also approach mass revivals with skepticism (Azusa street comes to mind). It's interesting this Evan Roberts, even after the revival died out, maintained a yoke with Penn-Lewis.

I just read a charisma magizine article claiming it was Jezebel in Penn-Lewis that killed the Welsh revival but seeing as she was Roberts's main influence from the start, how can you conclude that it was ever a move of God to begin with? After the failure of the revival, Penn-Lewis blamed Roberts and Satan and then other Charismatics blamed Penn-Lewis and Jezebel. I just see a lot of passing the buck here. This could very well have been not only be a Jezebel issue but an Ahab issue as well, two deceived souls. That's also a possibility.
Many lives were changed via regeneration by the work of God's Spirit as a result of Roberts' gospel preaching. Sure there was blaming and buck-passing. That exists everywhere.

What we have to be freed from is this thought of perfection. Lee and Nee and Darby and others would like us to believe that their movement was free from all fleshly influence. Even Apostle Paul's co-workers turned on him when things went South. Look at the Galatians. Did not they begin in the Spirit, and then finish in the flesh?

Even Azusa Street was a real move of the Spirit. That's undeniable. But that doesn't mean that everything else since then is real. I've seen numerous frauds on TV. I know many folks who many pilgrimages to Azusa Street. Is that not superstitious?