View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #90
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: If you were in Scottsdale would you take the Table with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I am sure everyone loves Jesus, everyone says that. Suppose a man has a genuine wife and 4 mistresses. Your answer is equivalent to saying that it does not matter which is the genuine wife and which is the mistress because they all love the same man very much.

If there is no reason to not meet with other assemblies, then isn't it divisive for the church in Scottsdale to meet independently of other churches? Why not just meet with the baptists or the Lutherans? Doesn't this send a message or testimony of division to the world?

For me it's very simple. Is your gathering the original church in Scottsdale or is it a church which came from the original one?
I believe you missed the point, which is, when measured against what matters, this knowledge (ground of oneness doctrine) is pointless. Sounds nice and tickles the ear just fine . . . We do meet with those from all kinds of Christian gatherings, and are learning to appreciate Christ in all of His children and build upon this in His love. (can't build-up the ekklesia with knowledge - which will fail)

As far as your last question, I am not aware of any others before Scottsdale Church who were here claiming they were the "Church in Scottsdale." In that respect, as our legal name states, we are unique. Does that answer your question?