Thread: A lost soul
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #26
Dave

Exclamation Re: A lost soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Those long ago smart aleck's, Socrates, Pluto, & Aristotle, 500 yrs circa before Jesus walked the earth, spoke of this sudden drastic change that came over people. They referred to it as a Katharsis.

So, bro Dave and all, "Snapping" has been going on a long long time ... prolly back into prehistory ... archaeology may one day confirm.
Of course it has been going on forever but back in the late sixties and early seventies there was the Jesus/Far Eastern/Mystic etc revolution in the US (helped along by the Beatles I might add--think Maharishi Mahesh Yogi). Not unlike the Great Awakening in the US in the late 1800s where people started experiencing "enlightenment" which ended up leading to Jehovah Witness and Mormonism religions etc. It just so happened that WL came to the US in the early 60s and he hit this "revolution" at the right time among young people. So, it was personal and not something to read about, like Socrates, and it wasn't just "being born again". It was an intense enlightening by the writings and personal teachings of WL/WN and often WL in person (our guru).

I remember the elders sending myself and Don O to Berkeley to meet with the brothers there because they were growing in a remarkable way. We brought back posters (which I still have) stating "this is the generation...what is driving us...it has to be God" etc. It was the boomer generation trying to find themselves and we were 75 million strong in the US. This was especially an issue as the Vietnam War raged on, the death of J. Kennedy in 63, R. Kennedy in 68, ML King in 68, riots in Detroit etc--we were all trying to make sense of it all. The book "Snapping" helped me understand parts of it to begin to pull my mind out of this "Katharsis" if you will. A lot that is going on with this forum is trying to make sense of it all after years of WL’s teachings ingrained in people’s minds. We have all coped in various ways but all have been affected or should I say “infected”.

Awareness--In regards to the lost soul who started this thread who is not a part of the revolution you and I went through---it is still the same process---I felt alone at the time although I did have friends, worked and was married but alone after I left from all of the LC people I knew...it took me time to end the guilt trip or even more that I although I had problems with the LC I still thought that we all had this great deep intense Christian knowledge that was laid on me by the LC/WL---I coped and was able to unload it --- Snapping was just one little step in the process. It takes time and it is not easy---we all cope differently and a lot of it is just part of our personality and why we got involved in the first place.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote