View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #146
kumbaya

Default Re: First Post kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
Is your daughter still a part of the Churches of Witness Lee? Like someone else said, "Pitch the shirt and find some healthy, fruitful youth ministry for your daughter."

A member of this forum has shared that he actually moved to a city that didn't have a Witness Lee church just to get away (he admitted it was silly, but he felt it necessary at the time). Getting your daughter out of that environment will be crucial for her walk with Christ. As you know, Witness Lee isn't who he claimed to be... nor who the blendeds claim him to be today. Their church is not what Witness Lee claimed it to be, nor what the blendeds claim it to be today... and what are the implications?
I agree with you but the problem for me is that I KNOW my family and friends do NOT believe this and its just so hard to accept.

No, I don't let her go anymore and I wasn't even going then. I had issues but I thought it was harmless for her (at first) so I let her go with family members. Thanks for the support- really. I feel like reading the things I read today from this obviously false and evil ministry re-shocked me in some sort of way,

I realized today that the reason some of these things that WL says wouldn't go over well with even local church members today- is that is was so based on the culture. I think control methods will and are used to the most extreme methods that they're still effective and back then, WL could say these things and get away with it. Even when it really was never something the Bible said!!

the Bible doesn't change with culture. Everything written by WL demands a higher standard than the Bible - a standard that is honestly just unattainable and confusing.

A quote I read today says, "If someone comes to us to say something negative about the church, about the elders, about the ministry, about the brothers, or about the sister, we have to realize that this person is a wrong person. We should stay away from such persons. Otherwise, we will be contaminated."

Well, in just a few sentences he's shown that there is no accountability in the local church and when someone could possibly see abuse and report it - they'll be dismissed as someone contaminating the group.

This isn't Christian....

Before this he talks about "rejecting our opinions".

No, you should have all the opinions you want. It's how you ACT of them and how you TREAT people that matters. To reduce someone to not be able to have opinions isn't right... Its a control tactic called disinhibition (look it up).

In his book, THE OVERCOMERS, he basically attacked all Christians besides the one in the local church and creates pressure to conform to an extremely strict and unrealistic lifestyle and ideology to become an overcomer.

I wasn't kidding in my previous post, I believe someone could easily become insane if they really asked the Lord whether or not they were giving Him the "preimmenense in their life" by combing their hair, looking at the newspaper, deciding to go to a department store....or getting a "worldly" haircut. I'm not sure what hair salons offer "un-wordly" haircuts but I guess all the saints go there! lol.... The quote actually said that if a sister had a worldly hairstyle then she wasn't giving Christ the preimmenense in her life. He gave the example of not being able to buy certain styles of neck ties bc that would be wrong too.

The examples were almost funny - except that what he's doing is creating a situation where no one can do anything without guilt.

I don't care what he has right, there's too much wrong.

I read a list of 26 mind control techniques today as well and the full time training used at least 17, arguably 19 of them.

Want to be a legitimate and respected Christian group? Stop using mind control techniques....
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote