Thread: Women's Role
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #78
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Deception versus Willful sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
It sounds good. And spiritual. But how he leads is generally through people. Therefore human leaders are and will be. The problem is not leaders. It is those who take the position that should not.
i.e. those who usurp his headship. And I believe it is a spiritual problem...a spiritual battle. There are 2 "churches": what man calls "church" and what God calls "church".

I just can't see that the church for which he died has a whole lot to do with the current situation. Of course, to the extent that the members are true believers, yes. To the organization, structure, and leadership in a group dynamic, I see men in charge.

The pattern in the Word is that of a family, with our Heavenly Father and our brother. We are members one of another; all men know that you are my disciples...love one for another.

The converse is a staff of pastors and a board of directors who establish guidelines which often give lip service to obedience to God's Word. This goes far beyond those who shouldn't be in a position of leadership. Expectations in most churches today is that the members would attend a service and everything will be done for them, with no expectation of personal responsibility. This pattern is perpetuated and enabled in the man-made church where politics, membership and finanacial contributions are in the forefront.

Last edited by Nell; 07-28-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote