View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #49
Freedom

Default Re: Why don't Local Church Members Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Ohio, messages I've listened to online over the pas decade that's the basic them I get from blended coworkers regarding the late Witness Lee "nobody's perfect". However when it comes to the other side of the coin or as you say "the rest of the story" long time members don't want to hear it. Of course for them it's much easier to believe a lie than to be told the truth. They simply don't want to be faced with the dilemma, "I gave my Christian life for this". That's not going to happen. Can you imagine the disillusion finding out there was intentional financial mismanagement? Truth is too horrible to accept. Better to go on like an ostrich with it's head in the sand.
In the LC, I encountered situations multiple times where someone went so far as to acknowledge some problem or admit that a situation wasn't right, but that was the extent of concern. The next move was always to shrug it off with statements like "nobody's perfect."

It is like you say, I think a lot of people in the LC just can't imagine having to make the decision to leave the LC or get kicked out. If a situation has one of those potential 'consequences', then they will do everything they can do to ignore the situation.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote