Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #552
Ohio

Default Re: Climate Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The average global temperature in July was 1.71 degrees F above the 20th-century average of 60.4 degrees, making it the hottest July in the 140-year record, according to scientists at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information.
Let me repeat my concerns about prevailing myths of climate change.
  • We have no proof that carbon emissions are the cause. I'm old enough to remember being "convinced" as a young college student that carbon emissions would result in the next "ice age." Soon, real soon! Picture woolly mammoths frozen in a block of ice.
  • US fossil fuel emissions are dropping compared to the rest of the world. If our emissions were reduced to zero, global emissions would still be rising. Our geo-political rivals (China and Russia) are actively supporting cries for the US to return to the pre-industrial age.
  • Based on historical Biblical records, mankind has far more evidence that climate changes are due to our disobedience, sin, and idolatry than any of our "emissions." Numerous stories exemplify how drought and rain were both used by God to cause mankind to repent.
  • The weather and the climate are in the hands of God. God uses them to discipline us for our good. For us as Christians to imply that presidential policies are responsible for global warming is just wrong and irresponsible. We, myself included, should be warning all men to repent.