View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 06:05 AM   #18
aron

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
I was shocked to hear something so familiar coming from another deceived group....they told them to lay down their consciences for church unity, church authority, and the body model-that is-submission to the body. They were forbidden to speak of or share anything they had discovered about who Christ really is....if they would comply, they could remain in the church.

Church unity
Church authority
Submission to the body

All tactics used on me.
Same tactics used on Luther, on Wesley. "Don't despise the Body and its Sacrements" became a veil for ignorance and a vehicle for corruption. The church member knows something is quite off, yet is forbidden to think about it or discuss it openly.

The FB post has something like 395 replies in less than a week, so obviously it touched a nerve. Even discounting the author's replies to others, there's been a lot of activity, some rather substantive. People have been waiting for this.

The other thing that's heartening to me is that the letter was penned by a woman. The disconnect of simultaneously lauding the spiritual voices and contributions of ME Barber, E Fischbacher, J Penn-Lewis, M McDonough, P Wang, D Yu et al whilst dismissing and silencing the voices of all contemporary female members could hardly be more glaring. But then again, it's one of those things 'we' don't discuss.