View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #43
Freedom

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
I once had a conversation with a friend that wanted to join CoC on campus for an outreach event. I told them I didn’t really see any issues with that as long as they were preaching the gospel and pointing those to Christ and not the LSM. They didn’t end up going because they felt that would cause an issue with the friends in the CoC. And this was one that was for the LSM church at that time!

In all my time with the “fallen, Christless Christianity” I’ve never experienced anyone recruiting for a denominaiton. Never. I’ve never heard a Baptist preach baptist-ism, nor a Methodist, Methodist-ism, a Presbyterian, non denominational, Lutheran, as it goes...

This division that the LSM churches and Witness Lee use to deride my fellow siblings in Christ is the very thing that sets them apart from Christianity. It could even be the root cause to many of the issues within the LSM, both historically and today.
I think that in the minds of so many of those in the LCM, they equate pointing people to LSM material with pointing people to Christ, in fact they think it's the only path to Christ. So their recruitment efforts, however disingenuous those efforts might be, get rationalized in that way.

When we had Bible studies, the full-time brothers told any newcomers who brought their choice version of the Bible that it was best for everyone to use the RcV, so that everyone could "follow along" with the Bible study. It is things like that really nauseated me.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote