Thread: Brainwashing
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #6
aron

Default Re: Brainwashing

Here's my common-sense metric for brain-washing.

If the speaker up front says, "The moon is made of Green Cheese" and everyone in the audience claps and cheers then perhaps they are under some mass delusion. Because I see no objective evidence that the moon is actually composed of Green Cheese (or any other for that matter).

Witness Lee would stand in front of hundreds and speak things that strained the limits of orthodoxy, that contradicted each other (is this the 1987 doctrine or the 1974 teaching), that defied common sense, that bothered our consciences (many witnesses here have testified here), and that depart from Christian practice dating centuries. Yet after each one of these sessions, nobody would stand up and say, "Wait a minute".

So I say, Brainwashing.

See how easy it is to challenge each other? We do it on this forum all the time.

Yet we see a man who gave hundreds if not thousands of messages in front of who knows how many, and nobody EVER saw anything wrong? The man was that good? Or we were re-programmed? I say, the second, not the first.

"The tree of life is the center of the universe". Well, um, maybe not. I see the throne of God, and a river of water of life proceeding out of the throne, and the tree of life growing on either side of the river. So maybe the throne is the center.

Now, it may be the center, or it may not be. Maybe the tree of life is, in fact, the center. But it isn't as self-evident as Lee pretended it was. And we believed him, without question. The fact that nobody questioned his bland assertions, some of which were thinly made, indicates brain-washing.

Anyone who questioned anything was labeled "negative" and hustled out the door. The brainwashed and docile ones remained.

"Don't think, it will only make you confused." I actually heard this. What does this indicate? Brainwashing.