Thread: OBW's Blog
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #73
OBW

Default Re: OBW's Blog

Quote:
We email, Facebook, Tweet and text with people who are going to spend eternity in either heaven or hell. Our lives are too short to waste on mere temporal conversations when massive eternal realities hang in the balance. Just as you and I have no guarantee that we will live through the day, the people around us are not guaranteed tomorrow either. So let's be intentional about sewing the threads of the gospel into the fabric of our conversations every day, knowing that it will not always be easy, yet believing that eternity will always be worth it.
Truth:
  • We are all going to either heaven or hell.
  • We have no guarantees of living to the end of today.
But I fear that turning that into a call to cast normal conversation aside and make every effort to work the gospel into every conversation is just a different distraction. One in which the goal is to work so hard at being spiritual that we are insufficiently human to cause much of anyone to be attracted to the gospel we speak but can't take the time to live.

I'm reminded of someone who decided to write "Jesus is Lord" on bathroom stall walls at the local Community College. Got the message out there. But spoke poorly of the "speaker." And in that, undermined some of the impact of getting the message out there.

We have to live both normal and at least somewhat exemplary before we often get the opportunity to speak.

Preach the gospel. If necessary, use words.

If our only hope of evangelizing is in the words, then we should reexamine our lives.

And our gospel.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote