View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #179
TLFisher

Default Re: Questions about Daystar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Donnali,
Thank you and bless you for taking the time to come and post on LocalChurchdiscussions.Com. I have quoted what I consider the most important part of your post. This forum was started and maintained for former AND CURRENT members to dialogue regarding the teachings, practices and history of the Local Church movement. Although not many current LC members have come and participated, I pray daily that more would come, register and participate in our discussions. The reason this forum seems so unbalanced - favoring the concerns, complaints and experiences of former members - is that so few current members have come here and taken advantage of this venue, the only such venue on the Internet exclusively designed and maintained for current and forum LC members.
I can certainly understand why not many current LC members would not come an participate. The environment is not much different than a brother or sister being summoned to the "fellowship room" for a formal meeting with elders, deacons, co-workers. Who would want to subject themselves to a "hornet's nest" environment? Due to the imbalance of the forum, for every pro-LSM poster there may be 10 contrary-LSM posters offering a response. For all, the focus is on forming dialog.

In my opinion, had there been a venue in the local churches for liberty in genuine speaking without fear of repercussions, there would be no need of forums such as this.