View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
Elden1971

Default Our Journey to Elden in Jan 1971

Since I am a very slow typist I encourage anyone that desires fellowship to email me at therisenhoovers@gmail.com or send me a Private Message and I will give you further personal contact information.

My walk with the Lord began 60 years ago in Okemah Oklahoma where I experienced my first church split due to the pastor involving the members in a business that failed. Twenty years later that experience and others would keep me from involvement in the Daystar tragedy at Elden Hall. It has been erroneously reported on this forum and others that I was the accountant for Daystar. I was the accountant for many investors in Daystar and a Business Consultant to several Brothers. I was employed as an Accountant for the Los Angeles County Government and responsible for the Payroll Clearance Fund and the Joint Power Authorities. I later had increased responsibilities in Budget Report and Data Processing Departments where I created the Billing Algorithms for all 77 Departments. I also worked part time as the Controller for the Beverly College of Law and a Bar Review Course and also worked as a Business Consultant and Tax Preparer for many Brothers including Bro.Lee and Francis Ball. I can confirm that those involved in Daystar violated Federal and State Securities Law and Federal money laundering statutes. The son of one of the sisters that invested in Daystar was and still is an attorney now living in DC who advised the brothers and me of their illegal activities. Prior to the Daystar tragedy my experience at Elden Hall was one of the best times of my Life.

Our journey to Elden Hall was quite remarkable and quite sudden. After graduating from the University of Oklahoma I was on staff of the largest and fastest growing church in Oklahoma and the Lord was using my wife and I to lead several people to the Lord. We became aware of a pastor in South Dakota who had suffered a heart attack and I felt lead to go visit him and while with him the Lord made it clear we were to move to South Dakota and I would pastor his church while he recovered and we would start a student work at the University. We loaded our 3 young sons and moved to South Dakota and one of the first couples we met was the sister and brother in law of Dan Towle. A few weeks later they received the stream magazines with messages on Ezra and Nehemiah and gave them to us and after my wife Nancy and the boys were asleep I sat and read the messages. Upon completion I consecrated myself afresh to the Lord and had the clear speaking " GO TO L.A." I went in and woke up Nancy and told her the Lord just told me we were to go to LA and she simply said " Amen" and got up and started packing. The next morning we received a check in the mail for $100 designated to be used as the Lord leads so we had the funds for the trip. We put a few belongings in the station wagon and with our 3 young sons drove non stop for 17 hours arriving in LA about 2 am and stopped first at Elden Hall and then drove around the corner to Dan and Marilyns apartment where I knocked on the door and was greeted with Praise the Lord and we rejoiced in the Lord. The next day we moved into Magnolia House with Don and Karen Martin, Francis Ball, Thomas Quay and Don Hardy. Such began our 7 years in the Local Church .

From Hall 1 at Elden we would later go to South Pasadena Hall 4 and North Hollywood Hall 6 adding another son and daughter in the process and then we were the first to move to Anaheim shortly to be followed by Bro Lee who moved just down the street. We were blessed with one more son in Anaheim. Later we would move with our six children to Oklahoma City to start the church life in our home and where I would later be excommunicated for speaking the truth in love. Praise the Lord for His Mercy and Grace. Nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus. This Thursday Nancy and I will celebrate our 49th anniversary. We are blessed with 17 grandchildren. We look forward to hearing from old friends and making new ones. We have prayed for the leaders of the LC and will continue to do so. We are grateful that the Lord led us to LA and we are grateful that we got out when we did. There is so much we can share of the unsearchable riches of Christ. Christ is our Life and we gather around Him in our home. He chose us before the foundation of the earth and we are complete IN HIM!

Terry and Nancy Risenhoover

Last edited by Elden1971; 03-17-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: add personal info
Elden1971 is offline   Reply With Quote