View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #237
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: What is the boundary of the Local Church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
ZNP,

I see you are jubilant about the support that impressive gang of three have provided you.....

However, in spite of the Dory Funk headlock that UntoHim believes he has put on this duck, a careful reading of his point is in disagreement with your statement about autonomous local churches.

Drake
You are right Drake, and since you are the only one that quacks like a duck why don't you take this opportunity to explain WL's teaching on "autonomy" of the local churches.

I do not appreciate the double speak from him on this topic. The references given are adequate to support the premise that he taught autonomy. The fact that he also taught that that teaching autonomy is wrong only supports the premise that his teaching is double speak.

Matt 18 is much simpler. We as believers represent Jesus Christ the head. If two or three (or more) meet in the name of Jesus they represent the head. They are representing the kingdom of the heavens. Then what they bind on Earth will be bound on Earth (i.e. the locality in which they live). They then tell it "to the church" and since they were one with the Lord in their decision what they have bound on Earth will also be what has been bound in Heaven.

The reference to "tell it to the church" does not imply "tell it to the local elders" or "tell it to the local church" it simply refers to the Body of believers who represent the Kingdom of heaven on Earth. Nor is there any implied meaning that the "telling it to the church" must be done face to face. Paul "told it to the church" in a letter. Likewise there is no suggestion that it must be done "discreetly". To be bound on Earth and in Heaven, or to be loosed on Earth and in Heaven implies a public decree, a legal proclamation.