View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #248
awareness

Default Re: The Bible Answer Man Converts to The Eastern Orthodox Church!

Well thanks bro for that theology/church history lesson. I can never hear it enough.

But still, in no place in the New Testament record is there a well spelled out, clearly defined, teaching or doctrine of or on the trinity. And I don't need to tell you, oh great theologian/church historian, that the word trinity appears nowhere in the NT. It wasn't introduced until the late 2nd c. (conceived as : God, Logos, Sophia.) And the theology of the trinity, as we know it today, didn't take shape until the late 4th c.

But we understand why it took so long to develop : it's a mystery. And it doesn't add up mathematically. 3 doesn't = 1, and 1 doesn't = 3.

Consequently it heats up the wiring in my brain when I try to add it up. Subsequently the trinity blows my mind.

Thank God the Spirit searches the deep things of God - I Cor. 2:10

It just didn't reveal the deep things of the trinity until the RCC came into power ... so it appears. Maybe the RCC didn't get everything wrong. Then again, maybe it did. Maybe it took Christianity completely off its rocker.

To the point that Witness Lee modeled his Recovery movement after it. Lee also liked to play word games with the trinity -- like, Christ is the Father, and the Spirit, and the son, all rolled up in one. If that doesn't blow a 50amp fuse in your brain, nothing will. It's like telling me I can fill a 5 gallon bucket with 100% oil, and 100% water.