View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
JJ

Default Re: Praise the Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
Oh that we should all speak only in the light of the following scriptures... How wonderful would this be before our Lord...

1 Chronicles 16:23-31...

"Sing to Jehovah all the earth; Proclaim His salvation from day to day... Declare His glory among the nations, His wondrous deeds among all the peoples... For Jehovah is great and much to be praised, And He is to be feared above all gods... For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But Jehovah made the heavens... Majesty and splendor are before Him; Strength and gladness are in His place... Ascribe to Jehovah, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to Jehovah, glory and strength;... Ascribe to Jehovah the glory of His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him. Worship Jehovah in holy splendor;... Tremble before Him, all the earth. Indeed the world has been established; it will not be moved;... Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad; And let them say among the nations, Jehovah reigns!"

Ephesians 5:19-21... "Speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and psalming with your heart to the Lord,... Giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father,... Being subject to one another in the fear of Christ:..."
Yes, great verses, Steel. One of the reasons I like participating in “Praise Song of the Day” on this site are these charges.

But limiting our speaking only to the light of two sections of scripture? When we have 66 books of great content from God to speak to each other from, you surely can’t mean that?

By the way, welcome to this site. I’m glad to see some one else trying to defend LSM and TLR views. I’m always sad when I see people crossing over the line of brotherly love and unclean language on this site, and hope you will call me out if/when I do.

Many of the posters here don’t cross that line, though some do, unfortunately. You might want to rethink your initial assessment of this site. It seemed kinda “broad brush” to me.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote