View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #21
JJ

Default Re: Trapped... Help?

Unsure, you've been getting a lot of good advice and are getting prayer support here. You've got many who have been through this exit process before here.

As one who exited, I want to add four things:

1. Christ is the head of every man. That means you and me. Take your orders from him.

2. For Freedom, Christ has set us free, only don't use freedom as a covering for evil. Enjoy genuine freedom in Christ. There are many human things to do that are not sinful. Do them in Christ with enjoyment! Drop local church slavery to "the rules of men"! On the other side many have tried the "go nuts into sin" route. That's not freedom, that's just another form of slavery. The Holy Spirit and God's word will be your guide to this exciting life.

3. Prayreading: Drop mechanical repeating of words if that doesn't help you. Praying from the heart to the Lord while reading the Bible and using the inspired Word in your prayer can be very helpful for sure. If that is what you are doing, and Christ is supplying you through it, keep doing it!

4. Calling on the Lord: Drop mechanical repeating of the Lord's Name if that doesn't help you. Genuinely calling on the Lord's name from a pure heart because you want to talk to Him or seek His help can be a great experience. If that is what you are doing, and Jesus is answering you, keep doing it!

The last two practices are based in scripture, but are not "for show" or to force conformity with the group.

Be well my friend.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote