Thread: Feeling stuck.
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
TLFisher

Default Re: Feeling stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I don't think they are a cult as in "let's everyone drink this cyanide laced koolaid so we can all go to Jesus together", but they are probably close to a sect in that their source of authority are the writings of Witness Lee and to some degree Watchman Nee. I would continue in your new church and make some new friends that could pray with you while you continue to disengage from the LC. Don't let them pressure you into doing anything, they can be very manipulative. Don't go to anymore conferences and use your spring break to be away from them. Same over the summer...maybe by next fall they will have forgotten about you and you can continue your relationship with the Lord Jesus with a more healthy non-LC church group. I'm praying with you!
I'm with you. Not a cult, but sectarian beliefs and practices. My disengage approach may be attend home meetings, but begin attending the non-LSM church for Lord's Day worship. Gradually stop attending home meetings. More often than not, they won't bother to call you.
However, those that do care for you will call.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote