View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #26
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: The Church with No Name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbear View Post
Jesus told us to bless those who curse us. Should we then bless the LCs? After all, they are in the business of cursing former members. Maybe ex-LCers suffer because we are hung up on criticizing the LC system when God wants us to move on so we can heal. Maybe we're cursing ourselves by cursing the LCs as they cursed the RCC and everyone else. Perhaps the wake of destruction left by Witness Lee can be described as a huge cyclical curse-fest that can only be broken when the hurt people decide to finally break the cycle by blessing.

If that's true, I'm sorry for all the fault finding of Witness Lee I've done in recent posts. What use is it to dwell on the glaring faults of a man who has long died? Perhaps God has much in store for us if we can move on.

May God bless those in the LCs so that they can find the freedom promised in Christ.

1 Peter 3:9
Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.
Above all else, the standard is TRUTH. What is true? Faultfinding is scriptural. I'm not talking about malicious faultfinding for no good purpose. It doesn't sound like that's what you've done.

We have to be diligent to find the truth of every situation. Not only for your own sake, but for the sake of others. When I was in the Local Church of Witness Lee, I was deceived. I needed someone to speak the truth to me ... in love. I clearly remember the day I was handed a document which supposedly cleared the LC and WL from any wrongdoing. Interestingly enough, reading that doc, I had this realization: "everything they said about us is true".

That opened the door for me to eventually walk away.

One of the biggest shortcomings...weaknesses...reluctancies, etc., of Christians today is not wanting to confront sin. Their own sin and the sin of others. I was deceived but I made the choice to ignore the signs that there was trouble in the LC and with WL. I believed the LC leadership rather than searching the scriptures and finding out the truth. I ignored that voice that told me "something is wrong". This was my sin.

I also have made the choice to confront the sin of others, mainly by telling the truth. There is a price to pay for telling the truth, but it is scriptural and you have to do it. Someone told me the truth and as much as it hurt, it helped me.

I'm not saying we have to go around indiscriminately shooting our mouths off and mow people down with our version of the truth. In our walk with Him, as he speaks, in the spirit of love we just tell the truth. This is what it means to be a Christian.

You can't change another person. You can only speak when the Lord tells you to speak. The change is up to them and the Lord. They may not hear you immediately, but the truth has a ring to it! The word will not return void.

Walk with Him. Talk with Him. Obey Him. Obey his Word. Love Him and love the brothers. Sometimes this means, love them enough to tell the truth.

While I'm in sermon mode, there is an excuse we were taught that goes like this: I don't feel the Lord wants me to ...., "life will do it all", I don't feel the leading..., I'll pray about it...

Well. There are some things you don't have to pray about. There are some things you don't need to "feel" like doing. There is no verse in the Bible that says "life will do it all". That's a Witness Lee teaching which is non-scriptural.

The Bible is full of commands that we as Christians must obey. You don't have to pray about whether to obey the Bible or not. You may need to pray for the courage to obey, but scripturally, you do as you have been commanded in His book.

The end. (for now?)

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote