View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #202
Freedom

Default Re: John Ingalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
In one of the Shepherding Words articles it was asserted that:

On July 10, 1988, John Ingalls and two other elders of the church in Anaheim went to see Brother Lee at his home and voiced “concerns” over many aspects of the direction of the work in the Lord’s recovery. They proposed to gather the leading co-workers and elders to pray, study the situation according to the Bible, and then fellowship regarding their concerns. Brother Lee agreed that the proposal was good and asked them to decide upon a date for the meeting. The next day Ingalls called Brother Lee to inform him that the three were unable to decide upon a date, but that they would do so and let him know when it would be. They never did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ingalls
Godfred confirmed this by saying that he had the same realization, that Brother Lee considers anyone who criticizes him a troublemaker and will consider whether or not that one is expendable. This was indeed a most serious consideration concerning Brother Lee. But we did not care to maintain any position or standing for ourselves. We felt that for the Lord’s sake and for the sake of all the brothers and sisters, we must open our hearts to Brother Lee, no matter what it cost us.
The article from sheherdingwords.com completely mischaracterizes the issue. JI was forced out because WL was intolerant of any sort of criticism. Long before JI was quarantined, I think he and others realized the risk that they were taking in bringing their concerns before WL. They never tried to leave the LC, they tried to stick around and make things work, and that was the very thing that got them quarantined.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote