Thread: ZNP Blog -
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
Drake

Default Re: Carry My Bones Up From Here

ZNP,

I'd like to continue our conversation here concerning James. You have provided an extensive base of thought to springboard off of. I will try to keep my observations related strictly to James.

Before, I get into more detail here is one wording correction I suggest in your opening paragraph. I don't think you meant it the way it reads but could be misunderstood by some:

" But, you know you can trust James, after all, he is the brother of Jesus and the son of the virgin Mary."... would be better stated "and the son of Joseph and Mary (the Lord's mother)"

Mary was not a virgin in perpetuity and assumed the duties and obligations of a family after Jesus' birth including having children with her husband Joseph. If there is any special trust that can be attributed to James it would only be that he and the Lord Jesus had the same physical mother and maybe she shared some things with him after he believed like the virgin birth. His siblings did not even believe in Him growing up... not until after His resurrection. And though He met with James after His resurrection, we have no information about what was said. We may make some assumptions about that but it would be speculative.

I think you'll agree with the above but I just to make sure we start off with the same assumptions so we don't have to backtrack later.

Agree? If not, let's discuss.

thx
Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote