View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #716
TLFisher

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
The LC has a PR problem that it just can't seem to escape. When you look at how poorly situations are handled, it comes as no surprise. And that is just the least of it. The way concerned or suffering members are treated and written off is unbecoming of a Christian group.
Severe lack of compassion and grace. A brother or sister as individuals is deemphasized. Whatever personal problems and struggles are deemed irrelevant. I recall last time I was in a LC home meeting on a regular basis the focus was on shepherding. Really? If it was known what's between my two ears I don't think there would be any capacity to handle it. So much easy with the LC concept of shepherding (we don't really want to know your problems. Let's just call on the Lord three times and consider this shepherding).
The system is promoted, exalted, etc that no matter how poor a situation is handled, the affected individual must consider it as "taking the cross" for the better good of the system.