View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #67
OBW

Default Re: My Testimony: expressing God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olvin View Post
How long has it been brother, 20 - 30 years ago since you left the LC and you still have not recovered? Seems your God has forsaken you. Or could it be He has somewhat to do with our spiritual journey? And OBW, you still quibble. Brother go in peace -- please.
I do not quibble. But you consistently read my post and respond to it as if I said something else.

I never said I had not recovered. That is your slander. Or maybe it is just your misunderstanding.

What I said was that I went for many years without realizing the errors in thinking about the things of God and the Bible that were attributable to the teaching we received in the LRC. I had mostly eliminated the whole "degraded Christianity" nonsense, but still thought there were these "higher" truths that so many just didn't seem to see.

But that ended several years ago. And if you agree that we need to recover from the LRC, then maybe the best thing to do is to quit quibbling over the way things are said to you and listen to those who have already been through the detox. Who have realized that the only garlic room anywhere near us in our lives has been Lee and the LRC. Sometimes it takes a long time to get rid of the stench in your nostrils and the longing for the leeks and garlic of Egypt. And the LRC is a kind of Egypt. It is not the Good Land as was heralded by Lee.

You are correct to assert that Lee spoke a lot of plain, ordinary Christina truths. But when they are part of the hook to get you to buy into the errors that followed, they become unwilling participants in a system of error. So pointing to the fact of actual truth does not make anything about Lee acceptable. It should make us fear taking anything from him at all. Every actual truth potentially has an error clinging to it that we unwittingly retain with the truth. It would be better to throw your entire library of Nee and Lee into the garbage and re-find the actual truth somewhere else than to retain it thinking that you are capable of discerning the difference. Most of us are not. When I just read Lee, it is not easy to see it. Sometimes you have to look several times before you realize the error that is tagging along.

And for that reason, I only read his works when it is relevant to seeing the errors that he taught. Otherwise I choose to find my truth elsewhere.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote