View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #32
Freedom

Default Re: How the LCM Affects Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
I know a couple in this situation in terms of migrating. They were on their way to move to one place after having a feeling to do so for some years, and the brothers fellowshipped with them and redirected them to a totally different place that was not on their original radar at all. This couple migrated there and it has been especially detrimental, even in terms of health, to the wife who, due to a number of reasons, has ended up being quite isolated most of the years they have been there. Now this couple wants to move again but "the brothers" who meddled in the first place now have no feeling or fellowship for them. So they are stuck where they don't want to be but don't know where to go without direction from the brothers. They have been so trained through all the years to follow the direction of men that they are totally stuck otherwise. I get frustrated thinking, "So the Lord you've been contacting every day and who you've been following all these years suddenly is silent to you without the brothers telling you what the Lord's feeling is?"
Moving is a major life decision. People normally make such decisions based on their personal or family goals. If people don't give a second thought to external interference like that, then it would seem to suggest a lack of any real direction in life.

As Terry mentioned, it seems that those in the LCM equate 'fellowship' from the brothers as being something that the Lord is wanting them to do. It's reasonable that they would intend to follow the Lord, so if what the brothers are telling to them is something they correlate to following the Lord, then it makes sense why it happens.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote