View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #37
aron

Default Re: Arthur M. Casci Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Had you grown up in my Catholic church, seeing those archaic pictures of Jesus, God the Father, the Holy Spirit, Mary, Joseph, and more -- you would agree that Christ was a little "old."

The same thing happened to the Temple two millennia ago, which I wrote a little about. Perhaps you missed that post?
I do see your point. But I'm still warning against one possible alternative to your "Old Christ" in that the proposed "New Christ" may not even be Christ at all! It's just worth considering. Of course the benign possibility for LC "new" this and that is that the Bible says it too. Surely Lee referenced the Bible regarding newness, in his messages. Or else the songs would not have been written at all. New this and renewed that, right up to the New Jerusalem. New, new, new.

But if our (experienced) Christ was old that doesn't mean that Christ Himself was old. Or that Christ Himself is now new. The songs state that second part quite plainly, and thus imply the first, to me. Maybe it got lost in translation; maybe WL said something from the podium and it got taken out of context and a song was put forth and sung. "A new Christ"... I notice, for instance, that the song in post #34 that I quoted, from the old "supplement book", never made it into the LSM hymnal.

Nonetheless we should be wary of different Christs coming along who are supposedly Christ made new... Christs who are full of themselves, who put others down, who criticize, and are litigious, opinionated, boastful, and so forth. Those "Christs" will no doubt tell you how "old" everyone else is, how they are so "rich" and so forth, full of "high peak visions" and "revelations to end the age". New indeed. Watch out for them. Be aware.