View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 05:43 AM   #92
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: I need a church life that isn't led astray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
Which leads me to ask.. how do most of you address your prayers? Most Christians I know including pastors pray ' Oh GOD Father etc in the name of Jesus'. I think that kind of prayer has it place but truth be told AND HELP ME OUT HERE friends, I get the sense they don't really know Jesus Christ.

If Jesus said He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no man can go to the Father but by Him, why do so many people skip Him in their prayers and pray directly to 'God'? This has been bothering me for years and years. So I am seeking your insights. Thanks in advance.
Good question! I too have wondered about this a bit. Currently I'm in the place where I don't think it matters a lot who we address in our prayers, as God is one God. (I don't completely understand this, for sure.)

In recent years I have come to address our Father more. But when praying with the bros it is more regarding the Lord Jesus. God is addressed too, but somewhat rarely as the Father. It's still very mysterious to me, and I figure if I'm meant to know then He will show me. I have conversations with Him about this, and I always come away thinking that nailing it all down is not important, and that seeking God - Father, Son & Spirit is the key thing.

And Christ lives in us, so however we address God, I think He gets the communication job done in us "irregardless" (as my grandpappy would say)!