View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 07:40 AM   #16
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: What should I be looking for in a church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I'm really upset with the LC elders and co-workers here for allowing a millionaire brother who had annullement to force a young sister to marry him in her twenties. It's because of money matters and wanting to have a fancy meeting hall! They kicked out a co-worker just for accepting him in our region. There are lot of things have gone beyond the lines. And I fear that I know what the implications are, if I announce to leave publicly, I would be labeled as an opposer. I would lose my relationship with my relatives and my grandma who supported me for college. Please pray for me.
I would not go to this meeting without bringing witnesses. If you are the only one there then they can completely control how you are depicted. Bring at least two or three witnesses. This would be a very good reason for why you need to postpone because this time is not convenient for two or three of those willing to come with you. Also if you are concerned about your grandmother then perhaps she could be one of those witnesses there.

You say the purpose of the meeting is to ask you to repent for your doctrinal views. I am not aware of the public statements that you have made that they are asking you to recant.

Do not bring up their alleged sins unless you have evidence you wish to bring to their attention and you know of at least one more witness that will corroborate your testimony. For example the key testimony in this account of the millionaire brother forcing the sister against her will is this sister's testimony. If she is not going to corroborate this then this story alone would be justification for some form of discipline.

I am also confused -- you say you have left the movement yet they are going to quarantine you if you don't recant. What is it that you have said publicly that you need to recant?