View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:27 PM   #309
Trapped

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
m

Okay Trapped. As long as we understand what the author (Brother Lee) actually said then our conversation is progressing to gain the clarity needed for the rest of the conversation.... if you want to debate the merits of the analogy that is fine too.... yet I don't want to argue but I'll offer my view on your points above.

An orchestra is a fine analogy.... for something else... not a call to battle. In a battle there are certain instruments used to mobilize the troops. Could be a trumpet as the US Calvary used, or a fife and drum as the early American troops used, and those sounds are rehearsed to insure when a soldier hears the sound especially in the heat of battle they know what it means, they know what to do, fight or retreat, assemble.... or take some specific battle action.... as occurred at Jericho....

....., when you say that there were 7 trumpets used at Jericho you are absolutely correct, there were 7 and yet that is a very good example of what multiple trumpets in battle should do... they all sounded out at the same moment and gave the same call for the army to shout in unison.They were not confused precisely because every trumpet issued the same sound, the same implied command (to shout), at the same moment, and as a result the children of Israel were victorious:

"... and when the people heard the trumpet sound, the people shouted with a great shout, and the wall fell down flat..." Joshua 6:20

That wasn't an orchestra tuning up out there outside Jericho.... though I can imagine an orchestra as a fine analogy for something else but not for what Brother Lee was conveying concerning a call to arms, an enjoining in battle, etc.. Though there were 7 trumpets blowing at Jericho... they produced one sound... "the trumpet sound".... as underlined above, so there was no uncertain sound even though there were 7 trumpets. They all made the one trumpet sound. Not the sound of 6 trumpets and a harmonica.... or 5 trumpets and 2 maracas, or 4 trumpets with 3 others coming from street instruments by Willy and the Po Boys. The whole point of 7 ram's horns is that they were identical in form and function and sound in every way.

I'm not objecting to someone using the analogy of an orchestra... I probably used it myself somewhere along the way.... but that is not the analogy that Brother Lee used so if we want to understand what he meant then we need to explore what he actually said.

Drake

Drake,

I have always understood what brother Lee said. It is not unintelligible (I'm speaking mostly of the analogy here, not the entire document), and it is understandable in its construct. I thoroughly understand the point and the analogy as it is used in the One Pub. It just isn't correct. Nee/Lee's published ministry is not the sounding of the trumpet. It just isn't. That's a non-Biblical claim using a Biblical analogy. Readers are free to disagree. Many do. If it's not correct, it doesn't matter if it's understood because it negates the rest of it.

The orchestra commencement sound was just an illustration to show in an example that most people should have personal experience with (unless everyone here has actually been to battle!) that "many" does not necessarily mean "different" or "confusing". I am clear we are not discussing an orchestra.

Each believer speaking in a meeting is issuing a trumpet sound, according to Paul. He does not say each sound has to be the same or identical in form, function, and sound in every way. Each believer is issuing a trumpet sound. These sounds can come out differently one believer to another. What matters is that the sound is certain. Each believer is sounding. Not an entire entity issuing one sound for a whole affiliated group of believers.

Trapped
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote