View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:24 AM   #232
Ohio

Default Re: Excellent Polemic on "The One Publication"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip van Dijk View Post
What I have come to establish for myself is that in literally everything where one shared one's life in Christ, ministered His life with others etc. in the fellowship, one had to have it routinely filtered through the writings of Living Stream Ministry.

This filtering system had become the ultimate lockdown for me and eventually explained for me why my own previous attempts at discussing organic body life in Christ outside this filtering system were not being answered or were answered by answers such as '… go and read Witness Lee's Recovery Version footnotes, his Life Studies etc. about this …'

These dear fellow saints in the Lord's Recovery seem to have little individual conviction on what the Scriptures are revealing to themselves, but more specifically on the pertinent issues that I had questions on. This probably explains their regular reliance on the writings of Living Stream Ministry for having it revealed to them instead.

Philip van Dijk
Great conclusions. Basically LC folks have a second-hand God. They only know God thru the conduit of Lee's books.

The teachings of Lee have become their pipeline, their "filter," their mediator, their advocate with the Father.

The Son of Man is outside, at the door knocking, waiting for some to open the door and dine with Him.