Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #74
aron

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
I am not clear yet how to use this discerning heart of mine. Yes, it needs to be in obedience to the law.
He is the Obedient One. Fix your eyes upon Him. Let your consciousness meld with His. Only He can see the Father's will. And He will show you, if you ask. But you must ask Him. Quietly, persistently, stubbornly. Like Mary at the tomb. Refuse to go, refuse to yield. He will bless you. (Gen 32:26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Beginnings View Post
But my reality doesn't appear so black and white.
If you look at your situation, it will persist, even grow and metastasize. But if you look at Him, your situation will change, even radically, and miraculously. The disciples learned this, and then taught it.

And your situation may seemingly degrade, even precipitously, along the way. Look at Paul and Silas. Beaten and in jail for preaching the gospel. At that point they faced death. But they didn't face death, but continually faced God through hymns of praise. The whole jail population lay quiet, in the dark, listening to them (Acts 16:25). And then salvation came, not only for them, but for those with them (1 Tim 4:16).

This is our journey.