View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #116
Ohio

Default Re: The Experience of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Ohio, you wrote:

The battle isn't over. Congratulating yourself partway through is like a yo-yo dieter congratulating themselves every time they drop 8 pounds. The congratulatory process itself is indicative of instability, and portents the coming relapse, or failure.

Peter said that the roaring lion is walking about, seeking to devour (1 Pet 5:8). If you don't get it, then you are either in some exalted state like Igzy, untouched and untouchable, or you are oblivious.

We only can assess whether and how much we have "gained" or "experienced" once the race is over and the battle won. And that assessment is only made by God. Until then, put down the pom-poms.
aron, you sure have taken a sour turn as of late. Sorry if I contributed in any way. I have tried to address your complaints about using the word "experience of Christ." I have chased down the rabbit holes of a lion fight, the Judas kiss, a yo-yo dieter, etc. and each time either misunderstanding or watching you move on. You seem to be so anti-Lee, that a basic statement of "experiencing Christ" causes you to suit up for battle.

Now you bash Igzy and I as being in a "faultless, untouched and untouchable, oblivious and exalted state." These comments really take this discussion outside the realm of meaningful discourse. From my distant vantage, it seems that ... once again ... poster bitterness against Lee is turned on those whose views may differ slightly. That's unfortunate, but just how it is sometimes, so I would like to end my thread discussion here. Can't see anything good coming out of it. Peace. Sorry.