View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #268
OBW

Default Re: The light of life, part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
The defeat of Satan is accomplished . . . .
We say that. And in the manner that I described, it is true. From the perspective of eternity, it is true. In fact from that perspective it has always been true.

But does that statement mean all is accomplished just because it is according to eternity? Or is the temporal accomplishing of all only realized when the events of time play out?

This was what I believe to be one of Lee's errors. He pushed eternity into the realm of time and declared the requirements of time — righteousness, justice (in short, God's righteous law) — to be ended because in eternity it was true.

We should boldly declare that Satan was defeated on the cross. From eternity, that was the event that ended his reign. But in time, it is the key to the march toward his defeat.

Before the battle begins we can correctly declare that it already belongs to the Lord. But the final battle has not begun (in at least one respect). So we cannot declare to be free of the righteous requirement of the law. It is not yet ended (in time). The requirement of endless sacrifices has been abolished. But we are still called to righteousness. But we are expected to walk according to the Spirit, not just according to the statements of law.

So you are right to say that just meditating on the law is not the end-all to accomplishing it. But it is intended to be accomplished, not avoided. There is now a new and better way.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote