View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #212
OBW

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Silly Psalmist. He should have known to get his red ink out ...

But isn't this thread considering all of Psalms are red letter?
Not really. Rather, it is that Psalms, like the rest of scripture, reveals God/Christ in the midst of the fractured life after man's fall.

The whole of each passage reveals something about God. Surely the red-letter parts reveal God because he said them directly. But so do the rest. The words may include statements about other things, including evil, the heathen, etc., but when placed in its context, the whole reveals God.

Surely Satan's rebellion does not reveal God. But His response to it does. And his response is context-less without the story of the rebellion.

Funny. It's a little like my rants about ignoring grace, mercy, love, righteousness, etc., and just saying "it is just Christ." Saying Christ is righteousness without some evidence of actual righteousness makes the statement pointless. Saying Christ is grace without evidence of receiving some actual grace makes the statement pointless.

Saying Christ will take care of the widow and orphan without his hands and feet (us) actually doing it makes the statement hollow. And it makes the claim of care into a lie. I would rather not be among those who make the word of God into a lie.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote