View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #149
awareness

Default Re: The Psalms are the testimony of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
***Moderator note***

Zeek, Ohio is not some rube who is unacquainted with differing opinions. Neither are you the paragon of cutting-edge thinking.

Let's leave the smug innuendo at the door, please. Thank you.
Wow! where did that come from? Did I miss something? Who called bro Ohio a rube? Where was bro Zeek a paragon of anything, and smug?

How did all that get by me? Or maybe I'm just stupid.

And a warning using ad hominems seems self defeating.

But back to the Psalms :

It's pretty obvious that bro Ohio is very intelligent, informed on a wide range of subjects, and gifted with articulation. But none of us can know everything, there's too much to keep up with. And there's no shame if we're not informed on everything.

And I'm reasonably certain, from Ohio's remarks that, he's not familiar with scholars that contend parts of the Psalms have Ugaritic (6000BC - Canaanite - Pagan - Baal) sources. (Google it)

And I find it more than interesting that C.S. Lewis wrote in "Reflections On The Psalms" :

"I have therefore no difficulty accepting, say, the view of those scholars who tell us that the account of Creation in Genesis is derived from earlier Semitic stories which were Pagan and mythical." (Reflections On The Psalms, p.110).